Rugby News Australia, 2021 Super Rugby AU Week 8 Report: Reds v Brumbies

by Sports Benches

Brumbies touched down first with the ball on hand. Thanks with the early penalties won against the Reds. Having remained patient via the throw-in attempts. Where Folau Faingaa submit the touchdown. As the away side lead 5-0 after six minutes.

Reds have some chances as well in the attack. Due to their defensive setup that gave them a boost. But so far struggled to make up lost time. Especially with the fumbling & lack of talk up. Where James O’Connor went for the long ball. And it went past Bryce Hegarty who was not alert. Which reminded of Matt Toomua from the Rebels poor finishing last night.

As Tom Banks intercepted the ball with a clean run for the touchdown. Just no one there to stop him on the run home. The away side lead 0-12 going into 20 minutes. The Reds have began to climb out of nowhere with the three-point penalty goal. Where the lead difference is 9 points. Then cut down to six (6-12) that saw the Brumbies lost a few penalties.

In which exposed their defense. But the Brumbies still went into half-time as the leaders. With enough distance into the penalty goal from 53 meters. Thanks to half-back Nic White who just extended the lead to nine points. Scoreline card is 6-15.

Reds at last found their way past the Brumbies touch line. When James O’Connor made a cross kick to Jock Campbell on the left. Gained some meters along the way. Before the short passes are there that helped Josh Flook submit this touchdown. As the home side cut the Brumbies lead to just two points after 50 mins. But the away side quickly bounced back via Tom Wright. The score is 13-22.

It took a while for the Reds to try and get their way past the Brumbies. Having changed a couple of players from the bench. When Jordan Petaia made a brilliant 50/22 kick into touch. Won the penalty advantage along the way. In which saw James O’Connor unpack that cross kick. And it really set up a great finish from Petaia to touch one down.

It is a four-point buffer (18-22) after 65 mins. Followed by a single-point ball game after the Refs penalty-goal. With ten minutes to go. Where the Reds won a couple more penalties. Took another successful penalty goal. Before the home side managed to shut down the Brumbies in the end. The final score is 24-22.

You may also like

Leave a Comment